Saturday, October 29, 2011

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall"

2011 has been an interesting, exciting and frustrating year for me personally and keeps ticking
that way. My life personally has been a very busy year as far as my work goes and it has affected my training which I am not fond of.

I haven’t been training to the level that I like to compete in the endurance races or even for
the marathoning. I have come to the realization that lack of endurance training has also contributed to my injuries outside of running. I was much stronger when I was going for longer runs, weeks with 50-80 miles and sometimes to 100 miles before 2011.

I haven’t adapted to all changes. My daughter is growing fast and stronger and
goofing around with her hasn’t been same.
Time for me to get back to my regiment and training routine to get
stronger and be able to handle the push and pulls from all the angels. 2011
world championship in Holland performance wasn’t the best in my athletic life. Ever since I started running my times has gotten better year after year with PB. My race time in Holland was the lowest and it hurt my pride but on the other hand it made me feel stronger mentally.

Cramping from 34K and running 66K rest of the race with cramps made me believe I can overcome hurdles a lot easier. At one point in the race I was unable to move an inch forward which miraculously landed on a chair on the roadside and by help from spectator I was able to start moving forward again.

The race made me to re-think about the preparation and studied the races before entering them. So to cut the chase training hasn’t been to the level I desire and motivation hasn’t been the lowest. In low point of my training and competing I couldn’t have come across a better phrase than my favourite quote from Confucius.

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall”

2012 is going to be a better year, happier, fun and most importantly filled with PB’s.

Thank you to my sponsor Saucony for their tremendous support and fantastic gears. Kinvara 2 you ROCK!!! The best shoe ever, if you haven’t try them yet, I suggest you go get one and thank Saucony.

Happy running!!

1 comment:

Gh.asadzade said...

Salam moaffagh bashi
weblog man:
qochkandi.blogfa.com
Sar be ma bezan
Ghader asadzadeh
Qom